This policy statement provides information on the obligations and policies of TLX Travel Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Company”) under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). All collection and/or storage and/or transmission and/or usage of personal data by the Company shall be done in accordance with the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance. Any information or data you provide to us will be used only for the need of our business operation. For the sake of safeguarding your interest, the Company hereby makes following statement of how we collect users information, what information we collect from you, our utilization of the information and personal information enquiry or update and so forth. The Company hopes that the statement may help you know how the Company handles your personal information.
By using the website you consent to our collection and use of your personal data as described in this Personal Data Collection Policy. If we change our Personal Data Collection Policy and procedures, we will post those changes on the website to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
Collection of personal data and user information
If you are a visitor not a registered user (non website member) nor a customer for our booking or purchasing service on the website, you do not need to provide any personal data to the Company for navigating the website.
If you are a registered user (website member) or a customer for our booking or purchasing service on the website, the Company collects your personal data for administrating and fulfilling your application for online service, services for online members or demand for booking or purchasing travel products on the website.
The Company will not collect your personal data without your consent. When you visit the website, we may collect two types of information from you:
- For the purpose of registration and administration of the Company’s travels products and services, you may be requested to provide personal data including but not limited to the following data, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
- email address;
- mailing address;
- telephone number;
- identity reference;
- credit card or bank account information; and
- date of birth.
- In some instances, you may also be requested to enter certain data which may be used to better tailor the type of information presented to you. In most cases, this type of data is optional although, where the requested service is a highly personalised service, failure to provide the requested data may prevent us from providing the service. This type of data includes, but is not limited to:
- your age
- salary range;
- hobbies and leisure activities
The Company may collect your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration, as well as your browsing records on the website for the Company’s internal use only for the purpose of improving our web service that has nothing to do with your personal information.
Important notice on personal data usage
All personal data collected on the website is for the Company’s internal use and restricted within the specified range of utilization purposes.
We may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- when communicating with you in response to your enquiries, comments and suggestions;
- when answering your request for information or services, whether submitted by you online, over the phone, or through other methods;
- when either developing or improving our relations with our supporters, prospective present and past donors, by enabling us to contact appropriate individuals with relevant information such as newsletters, research and invitations to join our activities or events;
- when managing your enquiries;
- when issuing your receipt;
- when confirming your donation arrangement, mailing or online correspondence, or event participation;
- when processing and managing your application to join our membership, event participation or sponsorship, enewsletter subscription, public tours, or product purchase;
- when signing-up or joining one of our travel talks;
- when communicating with you about content-related announcements;
- when improving the content and related services, and for statistical and other analysis, to help us improve our website and our services;
- when providing to our service providers, who perform services solely for our use in accordance with this policy;
- when fulfilling the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone, SMS or other means.
The Company may disclose your personal data to a third party under following circumstances:
- In the event that you choose to book or purchase a travel product through the website, we will disclose your data to an airliner, hotel, travel agency, Company’s branch, or other relative third party for tour arrangement or transaction settlement;
- With exceptional emergency case, your data may be disclosed on demands of law, court order, government or executive authorities.
Otherwise than above-mentioned circumstances will the Company disclose your data to a third party or utilize for else purpose without your consent. The Company employs strict safeguard measures keeping your data from unauthorized access by anybody else including the Company’s own staff.
Except personal data, any enquires, comments, suggestions or information sent to the website are regarded as non-confidential or non-proprietary data provided to the Company out of your own willing and the Company reserve the right to use, copy, transmit or post the data of these categories.
How we protect your personal data
The Company is committed to safeguarding web users’ personal information in respect of its collection, use, retention security, transfer and access. Personal data is collected by lawful and fair means and only used for lawful purposes directly related to the functions and activities of the Company. We take all reasonable practical steps to ensure that personal data collected and retained is accurate and protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We limit the use of and access to your personal data to our designated employees and authorized agents, who are instructed to handle your personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Collection Policy. Your personal data will be stored in our secure internal system.
Use of your personal data
The personal information you have provided to the Company will be treated as strictly confidential. Your personal data will be used solely for purposes of handling your enquires, receipting, providing travel’s news, communication, feedback collection, recruiting, inviting you to travel talks and relevant activities.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right of access and correction with respect to personal data. Request for personal data access and correction should be made to the Company in writing. In addition, if you do not wish to receive any communications relating to any services concerning the Company or this website, you may contact us through the following channels:
- Call our customer hotline at 2270 7600
- Send a fax to 2545 7477
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Unsubscribe link in our enewsletter
- Write to Suite 1303-05, 13/F, AXA Tower, Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Links to other websites
The website provides hyperlinks to other websites that are neither established by nor under control of the Company. When you click such links you are leaving the website on your own risk for any damages or failure of performance. This Personal Data Collection Policy does not apply in respect of such third party websites, and we are not responsible for any personal information about you which they may collect. These third-party hyperlinks are supplied only for the convenience of the website’s visitors.
While we aim to use a “secure mode” whenever we request personal information, we do not guarantee that information transmitted through the website or any electronic mail (email) will be secure, since such information or email sent over the Internet is not secure.
Update Your Personal Data
You have the right to log on the website to update your personal data any time according to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong SAR
We would like to arouse a special note for the registered user on the website (member of the Company website) and any customers who intend to purchase our service that we admit the access by any registered username and matched password. If you find that your username and password are misused, you are obliged to notify the Company. If the Company finds that your username and password are misused, the Company reserves the right to terminate service for you.